Monday, October 20, 2014

Saving The Music......One Pizza Bagel At A Time

During my middle school days, my brother played the trumpet and I played the piano and we were a regular Louis Armstrong and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart duo. But sadly as I entered into high school and college, with car payments and student loans to pay off, my bank account entered into the Baroque era (Yay! Music humor!) and I had to sell my keyboard and thus Southern Pelham plunged into the Dark Ages where music was no more, education and cultural growth were at a standstill an...d residents spent their time eating s’more Pop Tarts and playing Star Wars Battlefront 2. But I am happy to report that thanks to some technological acquisitions, music has returned once again!...kinda. When our washer and dryer are done with a cycle, they each play a little tune. I know it’s only two songs, but that’s about on par with what they’re playing on the radio these days. And when something has finished heating up in the microwave, a flurry of beeps soon follows with the frequency similar to that of the edited Eminem CDs I bought in elementary school. And putting away produce in the refrigerator after a trip to the grocery store has become a game of Beat The Clock, because when the fridge is left open too long, it plays the one long trumpet blast from Joshua and the Israelites that brought down the walls of Jericho. I am saving the music one dish load, one laundry load and one indecisive trip to the refrigerator at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment