Monday, October 20, 2014

Brains over......Well.....that other one

I've come to the conclusion that I believe I was born several generations later than I should have been. Because last night some family friends came over and I was introduced to an older gentleman who said he had a collection of military weapons and uniforms that would put any museum to shame. We got to chatting about the American Civil War and I was as giddy as a teenage girl during Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale. Except, you know, what we were talking about had history altering ramifications. Although in all fairness, I have seen some Black Friday crowd footage that would have the boys at Antietam soiling themselves. So he said "OK, if I were to say Four Score and Seven Years Ago....." And I went off like an Olympic sprinter of the mouth and roughly two and a half minutes later had the denture filled mouths of several seniors on the floor. With the cockiness of a spoiled rich high school varsity quarterback pointing to his Ferrari in the school parking lot, I placed my pointer finger on my head and said "Yeah.....That's mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment