Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Why is the Mailbox across the Road?

 Who is one person you would want to interview? Is it a political figure? A musician? An actor?

I was driving home a few days ago and there was this guy standing in the middle of the road leafing through letters and cursing out Comcast under his breath and muttering "come on, hit me. I want you to do it." Luckily (for me, I guess) nothing happened. I would love to sit down and talk to the first person whose mailbox was on the other side of the street from their house. I absolutely have to know, was it the thousand little panic attacks every day of having to storm across the street like a Best Buy shopper on Black Friday that eventually got to them or one day were they like "The newspaper is here! I wonder which picture they are going to use for my obituary?!" And it was one unfortunately timed encounter with a Ford Explorer?

No comments:

Post a Comment