Saturday, November 11, 2023

Jaded White North

 Just in case you thought you were cool, here's a reminder that today in 1901 was the first barrel ride down Niagra Falls. I would like to think I am not a jaded person, but my relationship with Niagra Falls begs to differ. In visiting my family in Michigan, we typically drive which can take 10.5 to 14 hours depending on who is driving. The route we take goes from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York up into Canada and down into Michigan. Throughout my lifetime we typically go twice a year and we have probably stopped at Niagara Falls about half of the time (I would not recommend this as your stopping point if you already have to go to the bathroom really bad.) It sounds incredibly spoiled of me, but at this point I am like "It's water, I get it. Let's hit the road." I know the offer tours on the "Maid of the Mist" but if you would rather follow around a grumbling, rapidly aging bitter man around the outskirts of the falls I will now be offering tours called "The Way to Get Pissed." Tours start at $30, US dollar only although I will also accept Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment