Friday, November 10, 2023

Mightier than the Sword

 There is an expression "Don't lend money unless you are prepared to not see it back." And after doing some cleaning in my car, backpack and my room along with some honest self-reflection I have come to the solemn conclusion that you should probably never lend me a writing implement. Over the years I have curated a crap-ton of Bics I never gave back, Ticonderoga I have taken and many a Faber-Castell have become a castaway now in my possession. These have come from current jobs, former jobs, jobs I interviewed for with no intention of taking. I have become the John Dillinger of the dentist's office, the Clyde "Borrow and never give back" at the Barnes and Noble and the Pen and "El Cap-o" of the elementary school I work at. Sorry, everyone! I will write myself a note to return these items, but if I could have a pen/pencil to do so would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment