Friday, March 15, 2024

Lunchtime Report

 Halftime shows are so weird. It's like "Hey, while these professional athletes rest, let's have some people who used to do their job go over what they did right/wrong." Personally, I think if we are going to have this in sports, I would love it if every job implemented this. Like I am just sitting down to lunch and all of a sudden, a bunch of studio lights kick on and a desk rises up from the floor and this lady is like "Hi, I'm Dr. Fox and alongside me are Ms. Law, Mr. Tobin and Mr. Dugan and today we are going to go over the day film from the first half of Mark, or Mr. M's workday." First of all, in an effort to connect with a student, we clearly heard him use the phrase "hit the griddy" and I believe I speak for everyone here in the studio when I say it would be great to never have our ears subjected to that again. I will say, his background in Cross Country and Track served him well at recess as the kids tired out before he did. We saw him get visibly frustrated as he was helping out with 3rd grade math, but to his credit he did catch himself before saying "You're never going to use this." Coming up, we will see if he can contain what little "coolness" he has left as the class starts the American Civil War unit. Can he keep himself from totally nerding out? Can he suppress the urge to ramble on for five minutes after reading just one paragraph. Let's head back into the classroom and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment