Friday, March 8, 2024

Judges 7 NIV (Not Including Violence)

 Lyla and Cloé crawled up next to me while I was reading my Bible so I decided to read out loud. Unfortunately, I wasn't reading any of the beautiful Psalms or wisdom from Proverbs, I was reading the book of Judges, which is like the third book I would read to your kids after Good Night Moon and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (which I hear is now If You Give a Mouse Some Celery) and the book said “They also captured two of the Midianite leaders, Oreb and Zeeb. They killed Oreb at the rock of Oreb, and Zeeb at the winepress of Zeeb. They pursued the Midianites and brought the heads of Oreb and Zeeb to Gideon, who was by the Jordan.” So, on the fly I was like "Uhhhh, the men were given opportunity to give themselves up. They were given the right to an attorney. If they couldn't afford one, one would be appointed to them." I did it to protect them, but I know misinterpreting scripture is a real no no so I am sure I will have some answering to do on judgement day, but Krista and Ricardo, let me know when the girls read The Longest Winter then maybe I will follow it up with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment