Thursday, September 21, 2017

Word Play

Because you know I'm all about that bass, bout that bass, no salmon.

Did you have to go through that twice? I'll bet you did. It's tough to live in a world where unless we are there live in person we have to read something twice or have it read to us. How can we lead the next generation when the rules of grammar are not written in stone but in ever changing lead. Rules change with the wind causing people to wind their way through weird word choices. I was fine in preschool learning words like "that" and "the" but my grades dove into deep water once I tried to grasp the "ch" or "ph" and had me drowning in the laws of language sending out a dove in search of dry land. I can't tell you how many English assignments brought a tear to my eye or got me so frustrated I wanted to tear them up. My point being that the English language is confusing and maybe if we all spoke Polish we could polish up our sentence structure. For the record, I don't speak Polish and since I am an auditory learner I'd probably need someone to record themselves speaking Polish so I could pronounce everything correctly. The object of this was to allow people to appreciate the diversity of language and although some may object at having to waste so much time, I believe it is time well spent. I myself am not a perfect linguist and will most likely never perfect the art of articulation, but it is a worthwhile pursuit. The acquisition of knowledge allows us to resume our quest for the kind of accomplishments one would put on a resume. I'm just about ready to bow out of this whole communication thing so to wrap this all up with a pretty bow, I hope the content was enlightening and despite the lengthy read, you are content with what I've written.

No comments:

Post a Comment