Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Love Train

Today I was thinking back on my trip to Europe and I'd like to share with you the scariest part of my experience. In order to go from Spain to Portugal we took a night train. I was nervous about this for several reasons: 1. If it's the title of a Guns n Roses song, it's probably a wild time given the fact that some of the bands other songs feature such horrifying themes as jungles, thorny roses and precipitation in November that isn't snow 2. This would be the only time in the trip I would be separated from the safety and security that came with traveling alongside my two sisters so I was not to happy about that. I got really judgmental really quickly as I started sizing up my roommates who were talking to each other in another language and I assumed were plotting to take my money and then take my life. At a glance, only one bald, burly Barcelonian with tattoos and a tank top made me nervous. While I'm never glad to see anyone injured, I was put at ease by the fact that this man had his leg in a cast and figured it'd be tough for him to do any klepto creeping with crutches. I had most of my things in a money belt under my shirt around my waist and there's no sleeping position that looks more natural and inconspicuous than sweating profusely and having your arms crossed in front of your groin. Luckily, I was in Europe so I planned on telling them I was having a dream that I was in a futbol match between Real Madrid and Barcelona so naturally there were a lot of fouls and free kicks. As I woke up from a rough night sleep on the Pick Pocket Express, through what I can only imagine was a miraculous midnight Muzzy sesh, Mr. Just For Manslaughter looks at me and and goes "You have a really weird sleeping stance." I was like "Can you not check me out while I'm sleeping?! Thanks!" Much to my amazement, I left the train with all of my items and later I found a note in my pocket that said "Call me xoxo, Carlos"

No comments:

Post a Comment