Sunday, February 19, 2017

Buzzer Beater

I will never possess the height, athleticism or sense of timing needed to know what it feels like to stuff someone's shot in a game of basketball. I imagine it must feel really good to know that you just prevented someone from scoring points on your team. On a personal level, there must be some sense of power that goes along with out-muscling and flat-out shutting someone down like that. With regards to this milestone in life, I feel as though I am truly missing out. However, I have discovered somewhat of an equivalent for myself to be waking up for work the morning before a day off and completely shutting off my alarm. Because there's always a little extra oomph behind smacking the alarm on days such as that. It just feels great knowing that the next morning I will be waking up to the birds' song outside of my window instead of being brought to consciousness by something that sounds like the edited version of a rap CD. In basketball, your team can be down by twenty points, but swatting away some would-be points must feel great (again, this is just speculation for me). Is the five minutes of trash talk to my alarm necessary? No. As any sports analyst will tell you, Father Time is undefeated and eventually, he will make the greats look like grandparents and I know that he will be patiently waiting for my on Sunday night in order to reclaim his title.    

No comments:

Post a Comment