Wednesday, February 7, 2024

What's Your Slogan

 I was walking through a store a few days ago and their phone rang, and a cashier answered with the energy and enthusiasm of Ben Stein at an all-nighter in Lubbock, Texas. The employee proceeded to say the company slogan that was something to the effect of "Hello, this is ecstatic artistry where we are amped up to empower artists." The words and tone just did not match at all. I know we are all entitled to "off days" and this got me thinking, I wish everyone had to answer their phone with a "slogan" of sorts. Something that says "Hey, you've reached me and here is everything you need to know about my personality, values and overall essence." Unfortunately, given my infamously poor memory, the fact that most of the people who attempt to get in touch with me are already in my contact list and that ever so brief window of time between when I look at my phone and put it to my ear, my slogan would probably be "Hi, this is Mark. May I ask who is calling?"

What would your slogan be? (Let it go to voicemail??

No comments:

Post a Comment