Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Train of Thought

I sincerely believe that had I been born in the 1800s I definitely would have been a train robber. I don't think I possess the cunning nature it takes to pull off train heists or the general disregard for the law that is required in that line of work, but what I do have is a deeply rooted hatred for trains.

When I'm sitting in my car at a railroad crossing, waiting for two pay periods for this unnecessary obstruction as it moves with the speed and resolve of a bitter husband in a Yankee candle store, I can't help but have the same thought of anyone who saw me walk into a party in high school, "What are you doing here?! We don't need you!" There's a good chance that anything that train is carrying can be shipped via some other means or has legs to get to where it's going under its own power. I'm not saying that what guys like Jesse James and Butch Cassidy did was right, but I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment