Monday, March 26, 2018

Stranger Danger

This afternoon I was walking down my street and there was some guy in a big ole truck parked on the side of the road. I stopped and talked to him for a while because now that I live on my own my "words per day" count has gone wayyy down and every now and again I stumble upon some unfortunate soul who becomes a victim of my daily dialogue dump, the vacating of all of my vowels and the coughing up of all of my consonants. We talked for a while and then he asked me "Which house do you live in?"

That threw up a huge red flag and I was like  "ummmmm.........over there........" and arbitrarily pointed at a bunch of trees. I just found it very odd to ask someone where they live and I'm not just saying that because he was a trucker. If he had been in a Subaru Outback I wouldn't have been like "Here's where I live, here's when I'm home and here's where I keep my spare key. You make me feel safe.” He seemed like a nice guy, but I didn't want to take any chances. I walked home thinking "What if that guy was some weirdo and robbed me or something? I really dodged a bullet there." So I walked away from that situation feeling pretty good. Also, not that life is a competition, but I got a little boost because he told me that my credit card number and social security number were wayyy bigger than his.

No comments:

Post a Comment