Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Prescription Poker

Because of my extensive neurological history, I’m the only kid I know of who, at fourteen years old, was taking as much medication as his grandpa. It was so awkward when he came to visit, we’d both stroll into the kitchen each morning, pour our pill bottles all over the kitchen table like a couple of really educated, distinguished looking drug dealers. We'd both look down at what appeared to be the result of the most poorly chaperoned children's Halloween night ever. So began the world series of pill popping poker, the high stakes health insurance hassle health hazard hold ‘em. I’ll see your 600 milligrams of arthritis medication with 300 milligrams of seizure medication taken twice a day and raise you one gal stone dissolver. Grandpa narrows his eyes, whether out of intensity or sheer senility I don’t know. “Let’s make this interesting, shall we? I match your bet with a cholesterol medication and I’m gonna throw in my memory pill to keep you honest. Alright, I’m gonna throw in my mens vitamin gramps! Grandpa's like "ok, I didn’t wanna do this, but here’s my memorymedication that needs to be taken…....."

No comments:

Post a Comment