Thursday, February 18, 2016

Call Me Old Fashioned

I'm a little hesitant to admit that I've tried online dating because some part of me feels like that's giving up and saying "I can't do this! You find someone!" Call me old fashioned, but I guess I've just always thought I'd be walking through a library with a stack of books up to my forehead, unable to see where I'm going and then I'd just bump into some lovely young lady and we'd look down and see that we had the same book and then glance up at each other all shy and embarrassed and it would be happily ever after. There are two problems with this fantasy. Firstly, the percentage of women interested in Terry Goodkind probably only has numbers to the right of a decimal point, making them very difficult to find. Secondly, no one is even getting books anymore. What do you think would happen if you "accidentally" bumped into some chick, causing her to drop her Kindle in order for you to create a "moment?" You don't get the fairy tale ending. You don't find love! You just find out via an entirely nonverbal encounter, yet since actions speak louder than words a completely merciless monologue that she's been taking steroids and Krav Maga since she was 11! No thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment