Thursday, March 26, 2020

November Reign

I’m stuck between wanting to share a feel good tale of every day self sacrifice and heroism unrelated to the news stories circulating and also not wanting to sound like an arrogant piece of garbage, because the “hero” of this story is me! šŸ¤“

The family went for a walk in the peaceful village of Pelham, New Hampshire. Seemingly out of nowhere, a rafter of turkeys (a group of turkeys is called a rafter, sorry for making you learn šŸ˜œ) ambushed us from out of a side yard and they looked like they meant business and clearly had extensive training from their time in the Turkish military. I channeled my inner “Godfather” and ran right at them making a sound very similar to that thing Shakira did at halftime. Possibly terrified, but most likely just looking for a more scenic route devoid of any nerdy Neanderthals, the turkeys turned around and headed back towards the woods, leaving my family and I alone. Once I felt they were a safe distance away I shouted “SEE YOU AT THANKSGIVING!”

No comments:

Post a Comment