Thursday, December 6, 2018

I Am Fantasy

I take my dog out around 5 a.m. every morning. Which typically means that the only active things in my neighborhood at that time are he and I and the streetlights. It is quiet and peaceful and also has given me inspiration for a movie about a man and his dog struggling to survive in post apocalyptic Nashua, New Hampshire. The film was accidentally released with what was meant to be a joke title, “I Am Fantasy.” While he is indoors, Sammy has the ambition of a Saturday morning adolescent at 8 a.m. However, on walks I tend to let Sammy roam around a bit. A while back he started to walk toward a seemingly harmless, small shadowy figure. As I got closer, I noticed the creature was black with a single white stripe, a skunk! All inquisitive little Sammy was thinking was “We’re Going to be Friends” (as much as I hate to explain jokes, I put that in quotes because that is a song by The White Stripes.....HA! Get it?! My sincerest apologies to anyone who already got the reference 😔) I scooped him up like a loose football and guided him back towards the house. Needless to say, but I almost didn’t even need a morning coffee after that stinky scare. Lastly, I’d like to address that I am absolutely onboard with the irony here of grabbing Sammy away from a skunk and rushing him into my house given the overwhelmingly negative response that the Yankee Candle people got following the release of this years holiday scent, Bachelor Pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment